You could call this a variation of sahi tukda or as in my family its know " bread updit lavang maaza" , the literal translation of which means bread upma clove fun. Well, my dad created this fun recepie and my brother modified it. All in all, its fun to make and most of all very easy to make. It can easily take the place of a fancy dessert and your guests will love it. And so will all the fussy children
1. Brown Bread 1 full pack (i prefer brown as its healthier)
2 1/2 cup ghee
3 4--5 clove pieces
4 1 teaspoon cardamom (elaiche) powder
5 1/4 cup sugar
6 1 pack of sweetened condensed milk
7 hand full of dry fruits of your choice, finely chopped . I use almonds (badam), pista, cashunuts (kaju)
1. Cut the bread into small square pieces. Keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
2. Heat ghee is a pan. Add the clove pieces and elaiche power. Add half the sugar and fry for a minute. Now add the bread pieces and fry till they change color slightly and become crisp. Now all the remaining sugar and stir the pudding for 4- 5 minutes.
3. Your pudding is ready. Transfer to a serving bowl and Keep it aside till you want to serve it.
4. Before serving, pour the bottle of condensed milk over the bread pudding.
5 Garnish with dry fruits and serve. Your guests will love this new fresh taste. They will surely want more and the recepie.